Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Summer Updates

I know it's been a while, we have extremely busy.
Updates:

July 17-July 21: The enti paw he already knows. I was very exciting to see my grandparents so excited to have all of thier kids, grand kids and great-grand kids all in one place. We were all truely blessre Hensley family traveled to Hamilton, Ohio to suprise my grandpa for his 80th birthday. I wished I would have taken a picture of his face when all of the TN clan just kept coming in the door, he was so surprised. 12 people stayed at thier house for the entire weekend, which was a lot of fun. Grandma was very impressive for keeping it a secret for so long. On Saturday of the weekend my mom and aunt cindy through a huge party at the park for him with tons of family and friends. Drew had such a good time, he kept calling my grandpa "the other guy". He truely didn't undersand "great" pa pa, he doesn't want anything to confuse theed.
Drew and Great Pa

July 18th
-Justin, Amy, Nick, Pat, Christy, me and all the kids traveled to the Cinn. Zoo. It was a lot of fun watching Drew yell "Marty-from Madagascar". We rode a train and it was the highlight of the day for Drew.



Drew reading the map at the zoo

School Update
-I have already been back to school for about 3 weeks getting things ready for the kids, who come back August 11th. I think Drew and Justin are glad to be back in a routine, they say I screw it up when I am home. Drew starts school on Tuesday, August 5th. He is returning to Pleasant Heights Baptist Church but for 3 days a week this year. Drew was also lucky enough to get the same teacher as last year, who he really enjoyed, Ms. Sandra. He is very excited about starting school especially since he has a new scooby new lunch box.

Drew's new words: I just wanted to give a an update a few new phrases that Drew has started saying, and I blame others for these. Lately, it's been "Dad, your killing me"-Justin. "Oh my gosh"-My father. "Why"-Sometimes I wonder how many questions he can ask in a 5 minute period.

Fall Soccer: We signed Drew up for fall soccer. He starts on September 6th, every Saturday. Since it's a 3 year old league he will practice 30 minutes before each game. He is very excited about playing but mostly about what gear he gets to wear. (Like his mother) If you want some real laughs please join us this fall for soccer.

Pool time: We still have been swimming like crazy. Drew has really enjoyed the pool again this summer. I am sure I should put him in swimming lessons but I hate to break his no fear. Maybe next year. The rec center has been a great edition to our neighborhood, they even put in a slide for the shallow end that Drew loves.

Okay, I think I have caught you up on everything and I will add some pics tonight. We have been really busy but had a great summer. I am sad that it is already time for school. Drew was really fun this summer and truely enjoys hanging with mom and dad. I wonder when that ends.

I promise to stay more updated....

2 comments:

Kari said...

I am so sad that school is starting...I feel like we did not even get to see you all this summer!! between our vacations your vacations..oh well sounds like a guitar hero night is in order!!!

How is Murphy doing staying in the house by himself???still good I hope??

The Duff Family said...

I can hardly believe that the summer is over. Hayden's first soccer practice is in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see how the kids do. It should be quite entertaining. We need to get together soon. Maybe one last trip to the pool.